GRA is a member-based organisation for professionals, managers, organisational consultants, academic researchers and teachers, psychoanalysts, therapists, socioanalysts, students and others interested in the study of systems psychodynamics as it applies to group and society.
We provide opportunities for members to connect with each other, to contribute to the field of systems psychodynamics and promote new ideas and opportunities to explore themes that emerge in groups and society.
Engagement with like-minded Group Relations / OD professionals working in managerial, consulting, clinical and academic roles
Opportunities for ongoing learning about systems psychodynamics in groups / teams, organisations and society
Priority access to GRA events: biennial conference, professional enhancement activities, coaching / mentoring, social activist projects
Receive current information and research into group socioanalytic and psychodynamic approaches with a subscription to Socioanalysis included with membership
Categories of Membership
Group Relations Australia has two levels of membership: Associate ($130) and Full Member ($230).
Criteria for Membership
Anyone with an interest in the purpose and aims of the Association may apply for Associate membership.
The annual fees are $130 for an associate member.
Applications for the Full membership level are assessed against the following criteria:
- commitment to the purpose and aims of the Association;
- experience of at least one group relations working conference of 5 or more days duration, e.g. Leicester-style conference (Tavistock, AISA, A K Rice), Bridger conference, PowerLab;
- post-graduate qualifications in group relations, psychodynamic study of organisations, socio-analysis or group dynamics,
- demonstrable significant practice that contributes to the purpose and aims of the Association, e.g. work history, publications.
The main difference between the two levels of membership include:
- as full members, you have voting rights at each AGM that influences decisions made in how the organisation is run and what our focus may be for the following year
- take up opportunities to lead events
The annual fees are $230 for a full member.
How Do I Join?
Please download the appropriate application form above, complete and return to the Group Relations Australia Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you completed the application form, one of the Directorate members will be in touch with you via email to finalise membership process.