Working Mothers’ Reflective Group
October 1 - October 29
The group will meet at SiteWorks in Brunswick to explore the conscious and unconscious dimensions of:
- The tensions and patterns of experience that occur in workplaces for mothers with a particular focus on ‘role’, including the roles of ‘mother’, ‘worker’, ‘leader’, ‘manager’, etc.
- The realities of systemic gender discrimination and inequality for working mothers
- The impacts on identities of ‘mother, worker and other identities. For example, the judgement of either not being a good mother for working, or the sense that parents, particularly women lose their place in the workforce
- The societal, structural, political and personal barriers and dynamics that occur in the workplace and their impact on mothers and workplaces.
- The group will also provide a place for thinking about what insights, strategies, resources and tools might be available to manage the dynamics and to support working parents and organisations.
Due to the current Covid-19 precautions, the dates and times will be confirmed once current Melbourne Lockdown ends.
Expected to be September 2020