- This event has passed.
Working Mothers’ Reflective Group
November 11, 2020 - December 9, 2020
Liz Brnjak and Kristina Karlsson, both mothers, invite other working mothers to participate in a 5–week reflective group of mothers to explore their experiences of working and leadership. We encourage participants of all ages with children of any age as we wish to have a diversity of experience, wisdom and reflection.
The group will meet at via Zoom to explore the conscious and unconscious dimensions of:
- The tensions and patterns of experience that occur in workplaces for mothers with a particular focus on ‘role’, including the roles of ‘mother’, ‘worker’, ‘leader’, ‘manager’, etc.
- The realities of systemic gender discrimination and inequality for working mothers
- The impacts on identities of ‘mother, worker and other identities. For example, the judgement of either not being a good mother for working, or the sense that parents, particularly women lose their place in the workforce
- The societal, structural, political and personal barriers and dynamics that occur in the workplace and their impact on mothers and workplaces.
- The group will also provide a place for thinking about what insights, strategies, resources and tools might be available to manage the dynamics and to support working parents and organisations.
Dates: 11 Nov – 9 December
Time: Each Wednesday 3.30pm – 5pm
Bookings: $65 for GRA Members and $85 for non-members
To express your interest and for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org